Coffee and chocolate make a fantastic pair because they conquer hearts and overflow with irresistible flavors. Mochaccino espresso proves that both are amazing when both come together in the same cup.
But this is not the only way to combine them; you can also make delicious desserts with these two ingredients, for example, a delicious chocolate and coffee sponge cake. The chocolate and coffee cake is a mixture worth trying at any time of the day, and we will teach you how to prepare this tasty and easy chocolate and coffee sponge cake recipe.
Prepare a delicious chocolate and coffee sponge cake recipe!
- 150 g of dark chocolate.
- 2 ml of espresso coffee.
- 1 sachet of instant coffee.
- 80 g of sugar.
- 125 g butter.
- 4 eggs.
- 75 g of flour.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder.
- Heat a saucepan over low heat and break the chocolate into small pieces.
- Add the chocolate, espresso, and soluble coffee sachet to the pot.
- Wait for all the ingredients to melt.
- Add the butter and stir the mixture, so it doesn’t stick.
- Add the eggs and sugar to a bowl and beat until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the coffee and melted chocolate to the egg mixture.
- Mix the flour with the yeast in another container, and after a short time, add to the egg mixture. Make sure an even mixture forms.
- In a buttered mold, sprinkle a little flour.
- Pour the mixture into a mold and place it in the oven for 30 minutes at 160º. Do not open the oven many times while the cake is cooking because heat is lost and will not rise.
- Remove the cake from the oven until cool and unmold.
- You can spread fruit or strawberry jam on this delicious dessert.
If you liked this chocolate and coffee sponge cake recipe, comment on your impressions on our social networks, share new recipes with us, and encourage yourself to follow us to learn how to prepare a variety of desserts with coffee.