The versatility of coffee has no limits, and today at 360F Coffee, we show you this sweet and delicious recipe for lovers of pastries and good coffee. Dare to prepare some delightful coffee macarons by following the steps we mention below.
Recipe of coffee macarons
With these ingredients and the precise instructions to prepare the recipe, you will have some soft coffee cookies in your hands to give a taste to the palate.
To make the macarons dough
120 g of egg whites at room temperature.
100 g of almond flour.
200g of glass sugar.
50 g of white sugar.
Two teaspoons of coffee extract.
Cocoa powder for sprinkling.
Process of elaboration:
- Sift well, and then mix the icing sugar and almond flour.
- Beat the egg whites and add the 50 grams of white sugar.
- Add coffee extract and beat again.
- Add the sugar and almond mixture. You can use a spatula in the process.
- Apply enveloping movements until a homogeneous mass is obtained. The meringue should look like foam.
- Put the mixture in the pastry bag. Proceed to make circles of 3 to 4 centimeters in diameter.
- Place the mixture on a non-stick tray and hit the dough against the table to allow the air bubbles to escape. Sift the cocoa and place it on top.
- Wait for 1 to 2 hours until the coffee macarons are dry and do not stick to your fingers.
- Preheat the oven to approximately 150ºC.
- If the dough is dry outside, put it in the oven at 150 ºC for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the macarons from the oven and let them cool.
For the coffee pastry cream filling
1 glass of milk (250 ml, approx).
4 g of soluble coffee.
1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
4 tablespoons white sugar (4 sachets of sugar).
2 egg yolks.
Process of elaboration:
- Add 200 ml of cold milk, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and soluble coffee to a bowl. Mix everything very well.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining milk.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks and add 2 tablespoons of white sugar.
- Add the yolks and cornstarch to the milk bowl, stirring all contents well.
- Place the bowl on low heat and move it slowly.
- Remove when it begins to boil.
- You will get a coffee cream with a texture ideal for filling.
If done correctly, then you have prepared some delicious coffee macarons. You should taste them and accompany them with a drink or coffee with milk. We hope you encourage you to prepare them and tell us on social networks what you thought of the recipe.