Do you like having a cup of coffee every morning? We bet you do! But how much do you know about the origins of coffee? Surely you have read a little history of this wonderful drink, and if not, you will want to know a little more about the delicious beverage. In this post, we want to know what your knowledge about this subject is with a quiz about coffee.
Quiz about coffee
1. What is the origin of coffee?
2. The term “coffee” comes from the Arabic word Qahhwat Al-bun and means:
▢ Grain wine.
▢ Food of gods.
▢ Drink of ancestors.
3. How many species of coffee grains exist today?
4. In what years did the discovery of coffee take place in western lands?
▢ 1592, 1713, 1737.
▢ 1594, 1703, 1780.
▢ 1494, 1603, 1750.
5. Who introduced coffee to South America?
6. How long does it take for the coffee tree to grow and bear fruit?
▢ 3 to 4 years.
▢ 4 to 5 years.
▢ 2 years.
7. What are specialty coffees?
▢ Imported coffees with exclusive characteristics.
▢ Coffees made on land fertilized with special chemicals.
▢ Coffees with differential characteristics, which bring benefits to the producer.
Here are the answers of the quiz about coffee to clarify your doubts:
- 1) Coffee comes from the African continent.
- 2) It came from the grain.
- 3) There are 103 known species, but only two represent the majority at a commercial level: arabica and robusta.
- 4) 1592- 1713-1737.
- 5) The French.
- 6) 3-4 years.
- 7) Coffees with differential characteristics that bring benefits to the producer.
How many items did you get right? Between 0-2, you need to review the answers of this quiz about coffee to expand your knowledge; between 3 and 5 correct answers, you have solid knowledge about the drink, and if you had between 6 and 7 correct answers, congratulations! You are a great connoisseur of coffee.
For more interactive activities and fun facts about coffee, follow the links below.